Unassigning Courses - Removing Assigned Courses/Replacing Incorrectly Assigned Courses
Updated by Lyndsay
Courses over 10% complete cannot be removed by you, but you may request removal by contacting Support@easyllama.com. Approval is given on a case-by-case basis, and is considered an exception.
Sometimes the wrong course is assigned, or we need to unassign a course for a variety of reasons.
If a wrong course was assigned and needs to be replaced, it must be unassigned, then the correct course assigned.
Unassigning courses can be done individually, from a Learner's profile, or by using the bulk actions menu. Some things to keep in mind:
- Individually unassigning allows you to unassign one course at a time form one individual.
- Using Bulk Unassign will remove all courses from all selected Learners.
- When removing courses, if the license used to assign the course is less than 12 months old, it will be refunded to your license balance. If it is over 12 months old, it is expired and will not be returned to your license balance.
- On the Learner's tab, click on the name of the Learner to open their profile.
- In the Current Assignments section, click on the three dots to the right of the course you would like to unassign, and choose "Remove." Remove will not be an option if the course is over 10% completed. After clicking remove, you will receive a confirmation pop-up - click "Ok" and the course will be removed.
- If you need to assign a different course (Optional):
- Click "Assign Trainings" at the top of the Learner's profile and follow the prompts to assign a course and notify the Learner.
You can unassign and reassign for multiple Learners, as well, if you're careful! Using the Bulk Actions method for unassigning courses will remove all courses assigned to a Learner that are under 11% complete.
To Bulk unassign:
- Check the box next to each Learner's name. A purple Action Bar will appear.
- Click the "More" Dropdown Menu and choose "Unassign Trainings"
- A Pop-up will appear confirming the details of your bulk action - review the details and, if correct, click "Unassign" to unassign all courses from the selected Learners.
- To bulk assign courses to the Learners (optional):
- Check the box next to each Learner who will receive the same course. (You may need to do this in batches if people are receiving different courses).
- Click the "Assign" that appears in the purple action bar. You will get an "Assign Trainings" Pop-up.
- Choose the course(s) from the list - once you have selected the courses, click back on the pop-up box to close the drop-down list of courses.
- If you want to notify the Learners, you will need to check the boxes again and choose "Notify" from the purple action bar.