Updated by Lyndsay
Workday Integration is a one-way integration that will allow you to sync learners daily, auto-assign training, and send notifications. This is a Premium integration. You may contact Support@easyllama.com if you are an existing client who would like to add this integration to your account.
To get started, please follow these steps:
Step One: Log in to the Workday Tenant using an Administrator Account
Step Two: Create an Integration System User (ISU)
1. In the Search field, type “Create Integration System User”.
2. Select the Create Integration System User task.
3. Complete the Create Integration System User task by supplying, in the Account Information section, a User Name (we recommend "easyllama") and Password for a new Integration System User. The password can contain numbers, letters and only some special characters ($!#).
4. Check the Do not allow UI sessions box and leave the Session Timeout Minutes with its default value of 0.
Step Three: Create a Security Group and assign the Security Group to the ISU
1. In the Search field, type “Create Security Group”, and then click Create Security Group task.
2. On the Create Security Group page, from the Type of Tenanted Security Group dropdown menu, select Integration System Security Group (Unconstrained).
3. In the Name field, enter a name:
4. After the Security Group successfully created, you will see the Edit Integration System Security Group (Unconstrained) page, where you can assign members to the Security Group.
5. In Group Criteria section, add the new ISU, created in step 2, to the Integration System Users list of this security group.
Step Four: Configuring Domain Security Policy Permissions
List of domains that will be used in this step:
- Workday Accounts
- Worker Data Public Worker Reports
- Person Data Work Contact Information
- Worker Data Current Staffing Information
- Worker Data All Positions
- Worker Data Business Title on Worker Profile
1. In the Search field, type and select “Domain Security Configuration”.
2. In the Domain field, search the Domain from the table, select the result and select OK.
3. Select the 3-dots symbol (...) next to the Domain name and select Actions > Domain > Edit Security Policy Permissions
4. On this page, under Integrated Permissions, add the Security Group created in the previous step (
easyllama-sg) and select the checkbox in the Get permission column.
5. Select OK, then Done on the next screen to complete the configuration.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 for all the domains in the list above and for any other domains whose fields you want to import from Workday to EasyLlama.
7. If an alert to Activate Pending Security Policy Changes is displayed, do this after all domains have been updated for the security changes to take effect immediately (See Step Five: Activate Security Policy Changes below.)
Step Five: Activate Security Policy Changes
1. In the Search field, type “Activate Pending Security Policy Changes”, and click that task.
2. For auditing purposes, you will be asked to enter a comment. Enter
Activating security policy changes for Workday integration with EasyLlamaand then click OK.
3. On the next screen, check the Confirm checkbox and click OK.
Step Six: Create Custom Report
1. In the Search field, type “Create Custom Report”.
2. On the Create Custom Report page, type in the Report Name:
3. Select Report type to be
4. Mark the Enabled As Web Service check box and Optimized for Performance check box.
5. Select as a Data Source:
All Active and Terminated Workers.
6. Click OK.
7. In the Additional Info section, click on Columns.
8. Click + to add a column tab. Each column tab is a report field in the custom report. The report should include the information as described below.
9. Please enter in the Field and in the Column Heading override XML Alias columns, the same (XML) value, for example:
10. Click OK.
The report should include the following information. Note that fields must have the exact field name as shown here:
- status (active or inactive)
- role (supervisor or non-supervisor)
- work_location (state and/or country)
- work_region (state, province or country)
- start_date (optional) The Start Date format should be YYYY-MM-DD - Ex: March 28, 2021 would be 2021-03-28
- department (optional)
- employee_id (optional)
Step Seven: Add an Authorized User
1. In the Search field, type “View Custom Report”.
2. In the View Custom Report field, enter the name of the created custom report.
3. Select the report from the search results and click OK.
4. On the report summary screen, click Action > Custom Report > Edit.
5. In the Additional Info section, click Share.
6. In the Report Definition Sharing Options section, select the Share with specific authorized groups and users option.
7. In the Authorized Users field, enter the username of the Integration System User (ISR) that was created on step 2 ("easyllama").
8. Click Enter and OK.
Step Eight: Get the Report URL
1. In the Search field, type “View custom report”.
2. On the View Custom Report page, click My Reports.
3. Select the
easyllama-report report and click OK.
4. On the View Custom Report page, click Actions > Web Service > View URLs.
5. On the View URLs Web Service page, in the JSON section, right-click JSON, then select Copy URL.
6. Send the URL you copied to EasyLlama, along with the ISU username/password you created (See Step Two: Create an Integration System User (ISU)), and we can start the integration!